My Current Favourite Lip Products - September 2015

Recently I've been buying and have been gifted A LOT of new lip products, so many that I haven't been able to try everything out yet, but some of the things I've tried out I have absolutely loved and have been wearing all the time. Most of my current favourites are nudes, they're just so easy to apply and freshen up throughout the day and they go with everything. Or maybe I'm just unadventurous at the moment. 

From left to right: Maybelline Color Drama in 630 Nude Perfection, Maybelline Color Sensational in 812 Delicate Pearl, Maybelline Color Sensational 338 Midnight Plum, L'Oréal Color Riche Extraordinaire in 601 Nude Ballet, MUA Matte in Wild Berry.

First up we have Maybelline Color Drama in Nude Perfection. This is definitely my most worn lipstick of late. Despite looking matte and being super long-lasting, this is creamy on the lips and whilst not hydrating it doesn't dry me out. As for the colour, it is a gorgeous brown-nude, very wearable, very nineties. Out of everything featured here, this is the one that I'd say you have to pick up.

Maybelline's Color Sensational in Delicate Pearl is less My Lips But Better and more My Lips But Sparkly, Like A Fairy Has Danced On Them. I realise this doesn't look like much in the photo, it's so sheer it's difficult to capture it's prettiness but I've been loving the light gloss effect this give. It's comfortable to wear and I like to pair it with smokier eye makeup just to balance everything out.

Maybelline's Color Sensational in Midnight Plum is the perfect shade for that awkward period between summer and autumn. It's not as dark as most berry shades and is very sheen-y, with a decent amount of shimmer packed into it, so it's more suited for fresh day time looks than grunge/glam night time make up. I was thrilled when I tried this out and I'd recommend it if you're a bit nervous about trying out full-on purple lips.

I absolutely think this L'Oréal does-it-all-lip-product in Nude Ballet is the perfect nude. This was passed on to me from my aunty, who barely used it, and I can't find it in the shops any more, which makes my heart hurt. I need to find a dupe asap. This is so pigmented that you can't just swipe it on, but it's worth the effort because the colour is perfect for my skin tone. It's also super glossy and yet manages to last longer than most other glosses I own. I could rave about this for ages, but I don't want to go overboard because I will only get sad that I can no longer find it.

MUA Mattes can be quite hit-and-miss in my experience. They aren't as long wearing as you would expect a matte to be and it takes some work to get the maximum pigment, but I really love this colour, so this is another one that's worth the effort. For the price, I'd definitely recommend the effort, this is my current favourite everyday berry.

Thanks to everyone who has read this far. I plan on posting an update in a few months as lip products are my current obsession.

Also, can we just take a second to appreciate the struggle of bloggers with uneven lips. I wish my swatches were as perfect as others, but until I save up enough to get fillers this is how it is for now!

anna / the fashion tired

Blogging about chronic illness, clothes, makeup and probably everything else.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh they're all such gorgeous shades. I think my favourite is the Maybelline Colour Drama one. They all look so lovely on you - thanks for sharing! xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have told all my friends to pick it up, it's perfect in so many ways!

      xxx

      Delete